200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification through Yoga Secrets
Yoga is an extremely powerful set of practices that has the ability to change your life. If you have experienced something profound on your mat and want to share that with others, this is the first step. Perhaps you simply want to learn more about what yoga encompasses and are ready to make a commitment to changing your life, becoming more present, empowered and vibrant. You are invited to explore the ancient practice of yoga with the Yoga Secrets 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training. This course is designed to nurture your gifts to discover your dharma and uncover your fullest potential to living a more meaningful life.
This training will be taught by Lexa Chernin, Mary Honchock, and Elizabeth Gehrt, co-owners of Yoga Secrets. Lexa is an E-RYT 500 and is trained in Vinyasa Yoga, Kundalini Yoga and Integral Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy. Mary is an E-RYT 200, RYT 500, an Advanced Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist, and an Adjunct Faculty Member at the Himalayan Institute and is trained in Vinyasa Yoga and Ashtanga Yoga. Elizabeth is an E-RYT 500, and RPYT and is trained in Vinyasa Yoga and Pre- & Postnatal Yoga. She has completed intensive training on the Chakras and Subtle Body. With these different and varied backgrounds, Lexa, Mary, and Elizabeth will honor tradition and provide an accessible approach to embodying the role of a yoga teacher.
- Exploration of the Eight Limbs of Classical Yoga
- Relaxation and Meditation Techniques
- Creation of a Daily Home Practice
- Comprehensive Asana Training including Alignment, Sequencing, Modifications, Assists, and Teaching Methodologies
- Physical Body Anatomy
- Examination of the Chakras and Subtle Energies of the Body
- Yoga Therapy for Prenatal, Limited Mobility, Strength-Building, Flexibility Training, and Chakra-Based Asana Healing
- Basics of Ayurveda, Seasonal Rituals and Samkhya Philosophy
- Pranayama Practices
- Hands-On Practical Teaching Experience - Cuing, Assisting, and Guiding Pranayama and Meditation Practices
- Study and Discussion of Yoga Sutra
- A research topic of your choosing for presentation during final weekend
- Beyond Asana: Yogic Living & Daily Practice - December 8-10, 2017
- The Anatomy of Yoga: Exploring the Physical & Energetic Bodies - February 9-11, 2018
- Ayurveda and Pranayama: Self-Healing Through Lifestyle & Breath - April 20-22, 2018
- Yoga From The Heart: Sharing Your Passion - May 18-20, 2018
Fridays: 6:30-9:30pm, Saturdays: 11:00am-7:30pm, Sundays: 9:00am-4:30pm
~ 20 Weekly Sessions:
Wednesdays from December 13, 2017 - May 16, 2018
No class: December 27, March 28, Snow Day is May 16th (if needed for make up session)
- Offering Wednesday morning sessions (9:30am-2pm) OR Wednesday evening sessions (5:45-10:15pm).
- Includes 6 month of Free Unlimited Yoga Classes at Yoga Secrets beginning a course start date
- Moving Inward: The Journey to Meditation by Rolf Slovik
- The Yamas & Niyamas: Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practice by Deborah Adele
- Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques by Mark Stephens
- How Yoga Works by Michael Roach and Christie McNally
- A Yoga Sutra book of your choosing
- 30 minutes of home practice everyday
- 2 additional studio classes each week
- Weekly homework
- Final thesis/presentation
Price $2950/$2655 early bird if paid in full one month prior to start. Payment plans available.
Non-refundable deposit of $500 to reserve your spot.
Contact us for questions or to apply.